Is Your Intuition Speaking?
Many claim that they aren't intuitive.
That may be due to their definition of it. Or perhaps they are running too fast to listen to it. Some believe it is a type of magical power that only special folks have.
Let's clear that up right now.
So it's a natural part of who we are. And I bet you use yours quite often, even if you may not label it as such.
Let's look at the form intuition takes in relation to each chakra. Each chakra has its own unique physical, emotional, psychological and perceptive abilities, so the energy would naturally express in different ways.
- The first chakra, at the base of the spine, is quick, non-thinking, survival focused and usually reactive. It's when you pull back before a box falls off the shelf about to hit you on the head.
- The second chakra, an inch below the belly button, often speaks through chemistry, but it’s not the personal moral character, but more of a 'do we click" chemistry. You feel it quickly, without thinking, as a physical comfort and excitement in our body. Or repulsion.
- The third chakra, at the solar plexus, is your gut feeling. You may simply have a positive, or not so positive, feeling about something. It's not a mental thinking process but just a sense that something is helpful to you, or not.
- The fourth chakra, located at the heart, offers the ability to feel what others feel – empathy. Emotional matters. To be able to feel empathy for another, but not take on their angst about their issue is important and what many sensitive souls have not developed the ability to do well.
- The fifth chakra, at the throat, offers the ability to hear the truth underneath the surface. To read between the lines. It's when you know someone is lying or saying they are okay when they’re not.
- The sixth chakra, often called the third eye, is located between our eyebrows and slightly above. This is an inner perception of where something may be or a dream that provides insight about something the next day. You not only 'see' but you understand.
- The seventh chakra, at the top of the head, offers you a strong sensation of “just knowing” without instinct, physical sensation, emotion, hearing or seeing.
Do you recognize your own intuition in these descriptions? Like any muscle, you can build it by practice, by acknowledging it, by being curious and not shutting it down when it happens.
You are an intuitive being, you just are. And there are many ways to gather information that could be quite helpful. Maybe it isn't 'just' restlessness, seemingly random feelings, unfounded fear ... maybe it's your intuition trying to communicate something. Are you listening?